Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème offert (large sélection de ...
Voir le deal

What having a Nabaztag really means?

+4
think
Marvel
denpic
druis
8 participants
AuteurMessage
druis
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 6
Carottes : 6547

What having a Nabaztag really means? Empty
MessageSujet: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeSam 29 Avr 2006 - 2:07

I managed to get a look at a friends Nabaztag and it looks very interesting. One of the reasons for investigating is to understand really what the device represents in terms of future devices (from Nabaztag or others) and the whole emergance of what can be categorised as "Passive Computing" I suppose. As culture shapes most things in life I suppose my first question is:-
"Why are people developing WigglyEars scripts. Every link on the forum seems to have a pointer to a script or utility to do this. From a non computing standpoint is there some cultural reason I am missing and which explains why those wigglyears would appear to the person or persons in front of the Rabbit?". As a non technical person at the level of some of the great people on this forum I am more interested to understand who would find great benefit in such devices for learning or other possible difficulties. Maybe its all about the same swell that brought IM to ever teenage evening when at home. Interested to understand. Anyone willing to give me a few words of wisdom. By the way its a cute little thing for sure. It certainly echoes that the Tamagochi world is now so much 20 years back and time moved on with such devices as Nabaztag!.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
druis
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Carottes : 6547

MessageSujet: Forgot to mention also   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeSam 29 Avr 2006 - 2:33

My friend mentioned that a big downside of the Rabbit was when moving it perhaps at night from downstairs to upstairs which means unplugging it. I think its used as a sort of alarm clock at night (well that was their plan). They mentioned that disconnecting power means you have to mess with the wireless connections again after plugging in at other room location. Why doesnt it have a little trickle of power it retains somehow via battery for maybe 10 minutes so you dont have to reset everything when you plug it in other room maybe 3-4 minutes later?
denpic
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 32
Carottes : 6534

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeSam 29 Avr 2006 - 13:10

I was thinking the same about using in other rooms. I look forward to any advice too :-)
denpic
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 32
Carottes : 6534

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeSam 29 Avr 2006 - 20:08

Something that bugs me also is that the kids cannot move the bunny from room to room. Unplugging his power means they have to wait for dad to come home to reset the wireless defaults for the bunny. Is it possible to get a box that goes in to mains one side and bunny the other, then when moving from rooma to roomb there's enough power to trickle feed the bunny until the unit get mains power again?. This means bunny stays set to the settings made to him?.
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

Nbr de messages : 309
Carottes : 6581

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Mai 2006 - 16:13

Hello,

That is an interesting point, that we will take a note of.

Thank you

y
think
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Carottes : 6411

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeJeu 31 Aoû 2006 - 10:42

This was one of the things putting us off the purchase.

I know Wi-Fi sucks power like no tomorrow, but a battery pack that would last 30 mins would be easy to impliment, even as an accessory.
sheik
Special Nabz
Special Nabz

Nbr de messages : 53
Carottes : 6412

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeJeu 31 Aoû 2006 - 11:34

I'm a bit confused, as if I unplug my Nabaztag, he remembers my wireless settings. ie: he knows to connect to my SSID.
The longest I've unplugged him for is about 20 minutes.

Can anyone else confirm this?

/\dam
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6776

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeJeu 31 Aoû 2006 - 11:42

I unplugged my nabz sometimes for one week and when I plugged it back, he logged on my wi-fi without any problems..

As long as your nabz is connected to the same wi-fi netword, you don't have to do anythings. When you'll plugged it, he will be ok in one or two minutes.
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
sheik
Special Nabz
Special Nabz

Nbr de messages : 53
Carottes : 6412

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeJeu 31 Aoû 2006 - 11:46

> Why are people developing WigglyEars scripts
This is a good question.
For me, the answers are :

- It is extremely nice to have an aesthetically pleasing object that conveys information at a glance., but isn't in the form of a "screen". For some of us, our lives are already dominated by TV and monitor screens, so a functional object is a welcome novelty.
For me, the information I report on is about a web server that I need to keep running smoothly. Nabaztag allows me to see status information without requiring a computer to be on. Now it is not perfect in this respect (see my other posts in the API forum), most notably because each ear movement causes an annoying audio tune to play.
- Nabaztag only has 3 forms of output, LEDs, audio and ear position. Of these, only the ear positions will retain their "state". Meaning we cannot light any LEDs for more than a few seconds, or play continuously looped audio. This lack of control over the LEDs is very disappointing, especially because Nabaztag.com have a weather service that does exactly what I want (continuously loops an LED pattern depending on the weather), but they do not currently open up this feature via the API yellownabzsad.
- and finally of course, it is just fun to hack a new gadget! yellownabzhappy

Extrapolating to the future, once wi-fi is available pretty much anywhere, portable, miniaturised Nabaztag-like devices will be commonplace.
Even before then, I expect to see cheap hobbyist wi-fi "boxes" with a variety of inputs and outputs on them, allowing hackers to build their own smart devices.

/\dam
Dean
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : Furbee
Nbr de messages : 29
Carottes : 6415

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeJeu 31 Aoû 2006 - 12:38

sheik a écrit:
I'm a bit confused, as if I unplug my Nabaztag, he remembers my wireless settings. ie: he knows to connect to my SSID.
The longest I've unplugged him for is about 20 minutes.

Can anyone else confirm this?

/\dam

I too am a bit mystified by this, I have unplugged mine and replugged it in (only for a minute at most) and it picked up the network ok? Perhaps they changed the spec?

Dean
http://www.acrossthelake.com
BigPanda
Kryptonite Nabz
Kryptonite Nabz
BigPanda

Nabaztag : RyoOhki (V1), Meroko (V2), Iori (V3)
Nbr de messages : 7127
Carottes : 13093

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitimeJeu 31 Aoû 2006 - 13:06

I don't use the sleep function anymore, I always play with the plug...I unplug when I leave home and plug it back when I come back, idem when I go to sleep and wake up, etc... And I've never had any problem like you describe, it always reconnects without having to reconfig anything... And yes, my wifi network is crypted...
http://www.tartesetbastons.be
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: What having a Nabaztag really means?   What having a Nabaztag really means? Icon_minitime

What having a Nabaztag really means?
Page 1 sur 1