Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
(Adhérents Fnac) Enceinte Bluetooth Marshall ...
Voir le deal
199.99 €

Set up help required please...

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Confuddled
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : Monty
Nbr de messages : 3
Carottes : 4438

Set up help required please... Empty
MessageSujet: Set up help required please...   Set up help required please... Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2012 - 20:21

Hi everyone!

At last my rabbit lives! Well, almost!

To cut a long story short... I bought a Nabaztag:tag for my son some years ago, we never managed to get it working on our old pc and following a house move we've lost all the packaging & instructions that came with him. So, after receiving an email to say that there's a new server I switched him on and his lights flashed, ears wiggled and he sits there on the desk expectantly awaiting instructions... so, my question is... how do I configure him and my pc (running on Windows7) to finally get him to do all the things that we've longed to see and hear?

Thanks in advance Liz nabzturnaround
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Japanas
Gold Nabz
Gold Nabz

Nbr de messages : 558
Carottes : 5667

MessageSujet: Re: Set up help required please...   Set up help required please... Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2012 - 21:23

Hi Confuddled / Liz,

1st step is to configure the WiFi of your DSL Box or Network Router to be compliant with the Nabaztag :
try WPA-PSK TKIP or otherwise WEP encryption (not working with WPA(2) TKIP AES)

Notice that you should avoid into SSID specials caracters such as space, "-", "_", and so on, better to set only alphabetics (in some case, you can also add numbers)
Same for network key/password, preferred is to use only alphabetics (if already crypted, standard numbers 0 to 9 and hexa alphabetics A to F)

2nd step is to configure the Nabaztag:Tag V2 :
To setup the Rabbit, press button between ears while pluging it to electricity, should turn into full blue LEDs colors, then release button
From tour PC or SmaryPhone with WiFi enabled, search for network named "Nabaztag_XX" (where XX is the 2 last caracters of Nabaztag MAC Address ou readable under Rabbit)
Then connect to the settings web site into Nabaztag, url = http://192.168.0.1, don't forget Advanced settings tab
Select SSID in list better to type it (excepted if SSID setting is masked)
Violet Platform = "r.nabaztag.com/vl" (or else for other Nabaztag alternative server : OpenJabNab or NabIzDead)

Saving correct settings should turn each orange LED to green, then noze turn blue, then ears turn around while LEDs are violet, then only the violet bottom LED is lighting slowly.
If finally still at least one orange or green LED, then connection between Nabaztag and WiFi Box/Router is not correct. Check network/WiFi settings, be careful wth restricted Pairing or MAC Address filter. (and what is wrote in step #1)
If noze only stay blue, network negociation between Nabaztag and Violet servers is not working. Check if XMPP=5222 network port is open/routable in Box/Router and if proxy=NO in Nabaztag settings. If correct, try an other Nabaztag alternative server (OpenJabNab or NabIzDead)
Try also Violet Platform with IP Address "88.191.124.133/vl" or "88.191.124.133:9002/vl" instead of "r.nabaztag.com/vl".

NB1:
Be careful with "O" and "0"(zéro) and also "B" and "8"(eight) in MAC Address.

NB2: if Nabztag is full blue LEDs and cannot access to URL http://192.168.0.1/,
force Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network WiFi settings of your PC or SmartPhone as follow :
IP Address = 192.168.0.2 / Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0 / Default gateway = 192.168.0.1 / Preferred DNS Server = 192.168.0.1
(instead of DHCP = "Obtain IP Address automatically")

3rd step is to create an account and then add and manage the Nabaztag on www.nabaztag.com :
create a new account : need email, add password
add Nabaztag : kindly name and MAC Address (XX:XX:XX:XX:XX but without ":")
add application(s) to the Rabbit such as Clock, Moods and Taïchi (standalone, periodically or randomly) or Weather, WebRadio (need Nano:zTag or z:Tamps to start action)

Dernière édition par Japanas le Jeu 9 Fév 2012 - 23:37, édité 29 fois
Confuddled
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Set up help required please...   Set up help required please... Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2012 - 21:52

Umm... He's spinning his ears around, all his lights are green, but Nabaztag isn't showing on this list of available connections in my network centre nabzasking
Japanas
Gold Nabz
Gold Nabz

Nbr de messages : 558
Carottes : 5667

MessageSujet: Re: Set up help required please...   Set up help required please... Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2012 - 22:33

I have completed my previous post, should help.
If not better, please post here screen shots of your Nabaztag all (advanced) settings and also of your network/WiFi Box/Router settings.
Confuddled
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Set up help required please...   Set up help required please... Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2012 - 23:31

Thank you for your help,it's much appreciated. I need to come back to this when i'm not so tired and can concentrate properly.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Set up help required please...   Set up help required please... Icon_minitime

Set up help required please...
Page 1 sur 1