Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez

A fewissues so far...

AuteurMessage
mattyduk
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 11
Carottes : 4899

A fewissues so far... Empty
MessageSujet: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeVen 23 Juin 2006 - 8:43

Overall, I'm quite impressed. The send of messages works well from the website, and the mp3 alarm clocks seems to work fine.

However, I've had a few issues. This morning at 6:00am it was meant to read out the weather to me, but all it did was flash its lights.

I've also had occasions when it hasn't read out the BBC news.

There seems to be some glitches or lag then in the services. Its early days, and I'm sure it will be sorted out.

My requests for services ?

Messenger alert - alerts you when your friends have logged on

XBOX LIVE - alerts you on invites, friends request.

More UK location based services, such as local traffic.

I need to take a look at some RSS feeds to see if I can get some of the above to work.

cheers

Mat
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
mattyduk
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 10 Juil 2006 - 15:33

Still some issues I'm afraid.

First of all, getting some disconnects (and its not my net connection and the router logs are fine). Doesn't really effect it, but just see that flashing yellow base some times.

Secondly, its very patchey reading out the weather. Sometimes it will "say" it sometimes not. The same with the BBC news feed.

They are both set to go in the morning when I wake up. The Alarm works most of the time, but these two don't.

Anybody else had this ?
Toucool
Nabazteur/trice
Toucool

Nabaztag : toucool (V1) Soucoupe (V2)
Nbr de messages : 2531
Carottes : 5105

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 10 Juil 2006 - 17:33

Yes and no... I mean, u're right there are some issues regarding disconnection (what we call "the orange ass syndrom" but i have no problems with RSS nor weather... If Marvel don't answer to this post, feel free to send her a private message.

Cheers
http://gru.ptitlu.org
mattyduk
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeMar 11 Juil 2006 - 14:49

Toucool a écrit:
Yes and no... I mean, u're right there are some issues regarding disconnection (what we call "the orange ass syndrom" but i have no problems with RSS nor weather... If Marvel don't answer to this post, feel free to send her a private message.

Cheers

I've reset (deleted from LIVE services and added them again) the weather and news read (from the BBC), so I'll see what happens. It seems to be quite happy to say the weather when it rains, but nothing else !
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

Nbr de messages : 309
Carottes : 5001

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeVen 4 Aoû 2006 - 18:03

Hello,

Sorry to answer back so late : yes, like Toucool says please feel free to contact me via mp; so i can answer quicker. Our technical team is informed we will keep you posted about the problem source and it being solved as soon as possible.
sipig
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : sipig
Nbr de messages : 22
Carottes : 4847

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 14 Aoû 2006 - 18:42

mattyduk a écrit:
Toucool a écrit:

Cheers

I've reset (deleted from LIVE services and added them again) the weather and news read (from the BBC), so I'll see what happens. It seems to be quite happy to say the weather when it rains, but nothing else !

I got mine yesterday - weather seems to be working fine, but not the news or RSS feeds. Managed to get it to read out BBC news (added as an RSS feed) once, but not again.
mattyduk
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeMar 22 Aoû 2006 - 18:17

mine is still very hit and miss. It hasn't read out the BBC for the last week or so, and it rarely tells me the weather. The only thing that appears to be working without a hitch is it waking me up each morning with a different MP3 file.

So are there still issues that need to be resolved at the server end ?
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeMar 22 Aoû 2006 - 18:47

Hello, just so we let you know, we are running a series of tests since monday, and are well confident, by the end of the week the RSS feeds will work fine.
Money
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Money

Nabaztag : Money
Nbr de messages : 15
Carottes : 4828

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeSam 2 Sep 2006 - 12:23

Hi I'm new to the forum - only had my nabaztag for about a week now. Totally love it but have also noticed several issues which I'll list below. They are to do with the services and the actual website its self. Not sure if anyone else has had any of these problems (I know some people have had some of them from reading through the forum).

My issues so far - in no particular order:

1. I cant upload MP3's via my account MP3 section. Always says its an invalid file (even though its not) - only way I've been able to get it MP3's uploaded is via sending an email with an MP3 attached.

2. The Nabaztag live link is on the services section of the website isn't working. It just displays the full services list when clicked so I cant see what services I've subscribed to (this did used to work- seems since the site went down on Thursday its not worked).

3. The say the time on the hour always seems to be 5 - 10 mins out all the time (read somewhere this is to do with the servers).

4. Since upgrading to a full rabbit my email alerts no longer work - I've tried taking it off and putting it back on - but wont alert me anymore just always shows I've no emails when I have!!

5. I've set the tell me the weather option to tell me at 8.15am and 8pm but he never has!!

6. He's set to wake me up at 7.30am - but never has!

7. Not managed to get any of my own RSS Feeds I subscribe to working.

8. My comment doesn't show in the search for a rabbit results (wasnt sure if they take a few days to validate them before publishing them).

9. The main website has been down a few times and seems to run pretty slow!

10. When sending messages to my rabbit via email it only reads out the subject line - is this right?? Should it not actually read out the whole message in the email?? I am a full rabbit and didn't know if this makes any difference.

Other than that I think it rocks!! Like everyone else also think that MSN buddy list support would be ace.
mattyduk
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 4 Sep 2006 - 12:51

I'm still having similar issues. I've got an alarm call, RSS news read and weather report booked for each morning. But nothing today, even though the Nabaztag was connected fine.

I'm also getting continual orange flashing during the day before it reconnects. Its not my net connection as the router and PC say its fine.

Come on guys, we are paying you money each month for this service and at the moment, its just not up to scratch !
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 4 Sep 2006 - 15:18

Hello,

Money, could you send us you MP3 so we can test it, we've been trying to do this, because honestly in 99pourent of the case it works, however there may be some type of MP3 that do not go through ... ? You can send it to me : yasmine@violet.net

For the Nabaztag Live section ! I should go and check with our head technician, because, I just checked mine and the service i subscribed to I have subscribed ...

For the filtered upgraded email alerts :

Several things : if your computer is running and that, then our server logically cannot get your mail information, it is downloaded on your computer; so there is no alert. The computer must be off.

Also you need to be careful about the key word you put in so that Nabaztag has a hint as to what he needs to alert you about.

About the time, yes Nabaztag for the last arrived, will be 3 to ten minutes late. Because they stand in line to get the information about time, and the server start five minutes before the hour is on the dot to distribute the information ...

also could you send me your RSS feeds so that I try them with our technician ? We just tested a lot of them and they seem to work fine now, we would hav eto take a close look at yours ... sometimesit is also because when you ask Nabaztag to let you know every twenty minutes any updates ... if there are no updates, he says nothing ...

For the time option and weather, it is strange ... but it happens ...i am going to check onit myself today and keep you posted.

Comments are validated a few days after indeed ... you have no comment or just a part of it ? What is your Nabaztag's name ? is it the same as your pseudo here ? So that we can check him out.

We are progessively adding servers ... and are restructuring the website, that is why it has been slow lately, and it might be very now and then for another month or so, because it takes time to install all that, however the Rabbits will upgrade their performance greatly.

Yes the rabbit only reads the subject line, you have up to 350 caracters space to say something.

Pretty soon we will have a second blog for Nabaztag, french and english, that will annouce our bugs and also that will let you know what we are working on and what is being done, what is done, what is solved etc ..

thank you for your enthusiasm and patience, we will do all we can to resolve all bugs.

Take care, do not hesitate to write to me.
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 4 Sep 2006 - 15:20

Excuse me about Nabaztag Live ! I mean : the services I have subscribed to are showing.
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 4 Sep 2006 - 15:26

Hello,

About Nabaztag Live ! apparently it was normal over this week-end, the site was on maintenance and the Nabaztag Live url, for a little moment, redirected to Full Services ... so that should be no problem anymore. Same for the alamr clock and weather, t was due to maintenance, should be working fine now, let me know !

For the MP3, send it to me, like I said, but we've made many tests, and I am being told that it might be a navigator or pluggin or firewall problem ...

Just send it over as well as your RSS feed url so we test it ourselves.
Money
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Money

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 4 Sep 2006 - 23:17

Hi Marvel,

I did just write out a long reply but when hit post it crashed!! So here is the short version..lol

I've just sent you an email with the attached mp3 and also a RSS feed and some updated infomation regarding that.

I can now get back on the live section of the site so thats cool - still not had any wake up or weather come through yet though. I'll see how it gets on tomorrow morning as its set to go off again then so i'll keep you posted on that.

Still no email alerts though - i've said a bit more about this in my email to you.

Hope you manage to figure out the mp3 issue - if you need any more info (what brower i use etc) let me know.

For now I'll keep playing about and let you know if I come across any other issues and if any other things start working.

Cheers

- Money -

yellownabzwink
Money
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Money

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeLun 4 Sep 2006 - 23:20

Oh just thought of something - would it make a difference if you had set things to happen at the same time? I mean say you have set it to say weather and a RSS at the same time...Not that I've done this I was just wondering.
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeMar 5 Sep 2006 - 0:04

I think the weather would come up first and the RSS would be a little delayed.

Thank you for your post, Money (!), it is a bit late here for me to answer all your answers, without concerting with technicians, but I should answer to all I can when it's tomorrow for you.

And yes, i would appreciate, you letting me know what firewall you have and which navigator you use ...

Have a good night,
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeMar 5 Sep 2006 - 0:04

(all your questions !)
Money
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Money

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitimeMar 5 Sep 2006 - 11:42

Hi Marvel,

My firewall is built in to my router which is a Netgear Wireless Router/Modem DG834GUK. I use MS internet explorer 6 as the browser. I've not tired uploading the mp3 via another browser so I'll give it a go with firefox tonight when I get home from work and let you know if that helps.

Also just so you know again this morning I had no alarm or weather alert yellownabzsad Is my poor bunny not well or just being naughty and not doing as he is told..lol
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: A fewissues so far...   A fewissues so far... Icon_minitime

A fewissues so far...
Page 1 sur 1