Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (

3 participants
AuteurMessage
fallscrape
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 8
Carottes : 6406

WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Empty
MessageSujet: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitimeVen 13 Oct 2006 - 11:49

Bought my nabaztag yesterday and popped it out of the box last night. By plugging in my old WL-HDD and clearing the settings I could get it to connect (using a mac filter as security)

However it doesn't want to connect to my G only network. Mine isn't the simpliest network as I have three AP's running in WDS mode (bridging) using channel 5 and WEP 10hex security (as some of the laptops have problems connecting). This is transparent to all the devices I use so I can't see why there is a problem.

The Nabaztag was sitting about three feet away from the APs. No problem connecting to the B/G WL-HDD network but lots of issues trying to connect to my other network. So I've logged in manually and chosen the correct SSID, set the encryption type etc - all using the same usernames and passys as per usual.

Will it connect?

pfff. Nope.

Any ideas or secrect configuration tricks I can use to get it up and running?

Otherwise I'll need to somehow rig up my old wl-hdd to run 24/7 just so he can keep connected to the net to wake me up in the morning!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6815

MessageSujet: Re: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitimeVen 13 Oct 2006 - 15:30

Ok. Did you try to enter your wep key with and withou the " : " ?
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
fallscrape
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitimeVen 13 Oct 2006 - 16:00

I added the WEP key originally in the format of xxxxxxxxxx but this must have been automatically changed to xx:xx:xx:xx:xx. I have cleared it and stuck it on an unsecured WEP connection (which isn't as powerful and doesn't quite reach my bedroom where my nabaztag is). If I reenter it with the :'s in it this time will it make a difference?
fallscrape
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitimeVen 13 Oct 2006 - 18:24

Nope - I have now tried both but with no luck - it still will not connect.
fallscrape
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitimeVen 13 Oct 2006 - 18:28

Have now resolved the problem

You cannot run Nabaztag on a WDS 802.11 'G' only network. You must set the mode as Mixed (802.11 B/G)

Bah. Simple really just a pain it'll slow down my connection when doing big files.
NaBoByZ
Nabazteur Courtois
Nabazteur Courtois
NaBoByZ

Nabaztag : NaBoByZ
Nbr de messages : 4349
Carottes : 6428

MessageSujet: Re: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitimeVen 13 Oct 2006 - 18:34

Erf ... of course ...
fallscrape
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitimeVen 13 Oct 2006 - 19:17

why of course? It says on the box it connects to B/G networks...?
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (   WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- ( Icon_minitime

WDS/Wireless with WEP - no connection :- (
Page 1 sur 1