Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

Possible privacy issues

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Kurgan
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 1
Carottes : 6306

Possible privacy issues Empty
MessageSujet: Possible privacy issues   Possible privacy issues Icon_minitimeSam 13 Jan 2007 - 11:53

I have bought a tag/tag and began experimenting with it. I am usually a bit paranoid about my network, but I bought my tag/tag without thinking of it.

Now, one week later, I am beginning to think about privacy issues.

Violet has my name and my serial number, and has access to a device that lives in my home and in my network. This means that they could (I am *NOT* saying that they actually do it, just that they *COULD* do it. I am *NOT* accusing Violet of wrongdoing!) easily violate my privacy in a lot of ways.

They could listen to what I say using the microphone in my tag/tag

They could sniff my (internal, inside my firewall) network traffic using the tag/tag

They could use the tag/tag as if it were a compromised host that has full access to my LAN, inside the firewall, to actively attack my windows computers.

Or someone else could attack and crack Violet's server, and then use it to make the same attacks through our Nabaztags.

I am quite worried about this... and I am thinking about connecting my tag/tag outside of my LAN and putting a switch on the microphone.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Akyra
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : Tipzy
Nbr de messages : 27
Carottes : 6311

Possible privacy issues Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Possible privacy issues   Possible privacy issues Icon_minitimeSam 13 Jan 2007 - 12:01

Ford could be tracking your new car via GPS satellites

BT could be listening into your calls

Google Earth could be watching your subathe naked in your backyard

AOL could be monitoring your internet usage

The possibility is there but it just doesnt happen, there are laws
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://napicc.blogspot.com

Possible privacy issues
Page 1 sur 1