Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Coffret Pokémon Bundle 6 Boosters EV05 Forces ...
Voir le deal

"RSS Full" service is not working!?

+2
aerosmiss
golfsierraztag
6 participants
AuteurMessage
golfsierraztag
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior

Nbr de messages : 77
Carottes : 6295

"RSS Full" service is not working!? Empty
MessageSujet: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Fév 2007 - 20:59

Hi rabbit owners,

has someone of you managed RSS Full to work?
as stated on the help page it should already work ...
You can set your Nabaztag to read out loud any RSS feed on the net. Simply input the RSS feed's URL address and set a time.

So did I:
I want the following feed to be announced by my bunny:
http://www.macminute.com/headlines.xml
It is set to playback every 20 minutes but for 2 weeks it spoke not any word :-(

Have I made something wrong in the setting or is there a incompatibility with this feed?

Please help
thanks
Golfsierraztag
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6776

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Fév 2007 - 21:30

Hi,

Is there another way to see if this RSS is ok? Sometimes, the problem doesn't come from the rabbit but from the website.
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
golfsierraztag
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior

Nbr de messages : 77
Carottes : 6295

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Fév 2007 - 23:43

aerosmiss a écrit:
Is there another way to see if this RSS is ok

Hi again :-)

well if you check the URL you will see that the feed is alive ...

rgds
Gert
thatcanadiangirl
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : Keira [v2]
Nbr de messages : 10
Carottes : 6308

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeDim 25 Mar 2007 - 11:03

I'm having the same problem trying to get it to read a Twitter feed every 20 mins. I know the feed is working and updating regularly (+10 times/day) and the bunny has read nothing.

I've contacted support and they've acknowledged my email but no resolution to the problem.

I'll post the resolution, if there is one, when I get a response.
http://www.thatcanadiangirl.co.uk
lapinova
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 3
Carottes : 5537

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeMar 20 Jan 2009 - 20:46

I'm having trouble getting it to read RSS feeds, too. I've tried several, and checked the sites themselves to ensure the feed is okay.
Violet.net keeps telling me "parameters are invalid".
Am I doing something wrong, or does it just not work?
Ludwix
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Ludwix

Nabaztag : FatBaztag (V2)
Nbr de messages : 2933
Carottes : 6075

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeMar 20 Jan 2009 - 20:53

lapinova a écrit:
I'm having trouble getting it to read RSS feeds, too. I've tried several, and checked the sites themselves to ensure the feed is okay.
Violet.net keeps telling me "parameters are invalid".
Am I doing something wrong, or does it just not work?

Could you please give an example so that we can see if the RSS is OK or not working at all?
lapinova
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeMer 21 Jan 2009 - 15:40

Here are a few that I have tried, to no avail.

http://rss.cbc.ca/lineup/canada.xml

http://rss.cbc.ca/lineup/canada-toronto.xml

http://www.news.utoronto.ca/atom.xml

http://www.torontosun.com/rss/

The Violet site invariably tells me that the parameter is invalid. Am I doing something wrong?

It also refuses to open the Wake-Up Call application and goes to an error page, and if I try to add the Memo application it tells me the parameter is invalid once I choose my times for it to run. yellownabzsad
Most of Mr. Bun's applications work fine, but those don't seem to co-operate very much.
Ludwix
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Ludwix

Nabaztag : FatBaztag (V2)
Nbr de messages : 2933
Carottes : 6075

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 0:03

I succeeded in adding the RSS feeds but I noticed an error message when I tried to add a feed without selecting "when I would like the application to run".

Did you tick one of the two checkboxes ("Periodically at a set time" or "When new content appears")? It not, this may explain the troubles you faced as these informations are mandatory.

But when I read you explanations it looks like the violet website had some troubles when you tried to add the apps (it sometimes happens).

Could you please let me know about the actions you perform in order to add a feed?

And go leafs, go! harhar
lapinova
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeMer 11 Fév 2009 - 21:37

I have checked those boxes. I've even tried choosing different times, frequencies, etc.
Since posting last, I've managed to add one feed that it plays once every so often, not as often as I think the feed updates.
I suspect it is the Violet site, and not anything I can change on my end.
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : Sjaak van Buren
Nbr de messages : 20
Carottes : 5542

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitimeMer 4 Mar 2009 - 14:58

Hi,

It seems to be working for a bit on my rabbit now. Not really great. There seems to be an important mistake in the algorithm that decides wheter there is new news to send to le rabbit:

I think their way of deciding is something like this:

Count the number of new items in the feed (by checking time or something?)
If this number is equal to or more than the 'maximum number of items' as in the settings of the service: send the maximum number of items to the rabbit.

The problem is that this means that there will never be any item send if the number of new items (as perceived by the software) is less than the set maximum.

I find I get much better results by setting the maximum items to 1 and not setting a time, but just 'very often'.

I also created a 'translation' scripts that makes sure feeds that do not state a language but are NOT english get read in the right language (by adding the requested language to the feed).

Jelmer
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: "RSS Full" service is not working!?   "RSS Full" service is not working!? Icon_minitime

"RSS Full" service is not working!?
Page 1 sur 1