Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-23%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G6 – Alimentation PC 100% modulaire 650W, 80+ ...
77.91 € 100.91 €
Voir le deal

Rabbit no longer connects

3 participants
AuteurMessage
mr_mich
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 3
Carottes : 6396

Rabbit no longer connects Empty
MessageSujet: Rabbit no longer connects   Rabbit no longer connects Icon_minitimeLun 25 Sep 2006 - 2:29

So I got a Nabaztag for my girlfriend, and it's been nothing but trouble from the start.

The first Nabaztag blinked a green/orange nose, indicating a defective WiFi card. Violet never responded to our emails, so we sent it back to the retailer and got a replacement.

The new one refused to connect to our wireless network. We're on a college campus with MAC address filtering, and I added its address to the list so it's fine. She took it home (where she also has access to the same wireless network) and everything worked fine.

She took it back to her apartment, and it refuses to connect. The bottom 3 lights go green, and then the nose blinks green/orange/red and then everything goes back to orange. We took it to my room, and now the lights all blink orange, it can't even find the wifi network on campus (and I get perfect reception on my laptop). What's worse, if I hold down the button and try to join the Computer-to-Computer network, it won't let me connect to the configuration page.

What's the deal here guys? The rabbit won't connect in her apartment, but it will at her house with the same exact network? Then when we take it here, it can't find a network, and it won't let me configure it? What do I do? If I have to send this one back too, we're done with these...
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6785

MessageSujet: Re: Rabbit no longer connects   Rabbit no longer connects Icon_minitimeLun 25 Sep 2006 - 8:01

Hi Mich :-)

I called the nabzdoctor. Wait for his answer.

Keep the faith!! I'm sure that there is a little stuff hided.

Aeros'Miss yellownabzsmile
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

Nabaztag : Petitbrou, Landry (V1), Scrubs (V2)
Nbr de messages : 8128
Carottes : 6921

MessageSujet: Re: Rabbit no longer connects   Rabbit no longer connects Icon_minitimeLun 25 Sep 2006 - 13:02

This rabbit travels a lot.

When you have the same SSID, you don't have to configure the rabbit. In another case, you must do it.

To reach configuration page, your laptop must be on Computer to Computer Network and you must click on "Connect" in Windows WiFi connection. Also, you must not have on your laptop any IP adresse and DNS address.

Finally, I think that rabbit must have a limit to reach wifi Network even if your laptop reach it.

Very strange because your rabbit seems to work.
http://www.internetmobile20.com
mr_mich
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Rabbit no longer connects   Rabbit no longer connects Icon_minitimeLun 25 Sep 2006 - 21:46

My rabbit is sitting right next to my laptop. I see the computer-to-computer network, but when I try to join when I start the rabbit with the button depressed, it says "There was an error joining the computer-to-computer network nabaztag6c". I'm on a Mac, and that's how I originally configured it.

After moving it to my girlfriend's house and moving it back, I can no longer configure the rabbit, nor can my friend on his Windows laptop.

When I start up the rabbit in regular mode, it sits there and blinks the first orange light in my dorm room, haven't tried it in my girlfriend's room again.

This is just silly. If the rabbit is incapable of reaching my campus-wide wireless network in the multiple places we've tried it on campus, and this is the 2nd one that's giving us problem, we might just consider ourselves done with Nabaztag.
mr_mich
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Rabbit no longer connects   Rabbit no longer connects Icon_minitimeLun 25 Sep 2006 - 21:57

Ok, the Nabaztag mysteriously let me connect now to configure it.

In my dorm room, the network isn't on Channel 11, which is why I'm assuming it can't see the network at all in my room.

In her apartment though, the same network, she has a Channel 11 connection coming in, and that's when the nose blinks a lot and then everything goes back to orange. What do I do to get it to work there?
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6785

MessageSujet: Re: Rabbit no longer connects   Rabbit no longer connects Icon_minitimeMar 26 Sep 2006 - 8:01

Hi,

Can't you meet the your campus wi-fi network administrator and ask him for the specificities of the network? SSID, if the DHCP is enabled and so on? Maybe they are not the same in the different places on the campus. That means that each time you move your nabz, you have to re-set-up it.

Another thing, I don't know how does it work on a mac, but with a PC you can fix the wi-fi connection (start - set-up - network connections - right-clic on your network connection icon - fix ; I translate so I hope these are the good ones yellownabzwink ) It gives you a new ip adress. I do it at home each time I have to set-up the rabbit because I moved it.
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Rabbit no longer connects   Rabbit no longer connects Icon_minitime

Rabbit no longer connects
Page 1 sur 1