Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + Casque filaire ...
29.99 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Orange LiveBox connection problems

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 14
Carottes : 6368

Orange LiveBox connection problems Empty
MessageSujet: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:11

Hi all,
Can anyone help me with connecting my rabbit to my Orange livebox router? I'm not all that experienced with networks and am having a few problems. Basically I've got as far as 2 green lights and the others remain orange before all flashing orange after a while. I've read this might be a DNS problem. Can anyone give me any suggestions of things to try maybe specifically to do with the Orange Livebox.
Thanks in advance,
Giles
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6807

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:20

Hi Giles,

I called the nabzdoctor. I hope he will come here soon.

Aero :-)
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

Nabaztag : Petitbrou, Landry (V1), Scrubs (V2)
Nbr de messages : 8128
Carottes : 6943

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:43

Could you look if Orange Livebox has a firewall. If yes, please down the Firewall
http://www.internetmobile20.com
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:46

Hi aeromiss. Thanks for your quick reply. There are so many things to try it seems!
Will my rabbit work in WEP encryption?
How do I change the band on the orange livebox to mixed as it seems to be in G at the moment?
I have DHCP enabled but don't know how to change the DNS settings if I need to.
I also read a post that nabaztag.com would be able to send me a URL that may help but I haven't had a reply from them yet.
Hoping the doc will get back to me soon as am pulling my hair out!
Thanks,
Giles
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:48

Thanks for the reply marfab. I went into the settings for the livebox and turned the firewall down to low (it doesn't have the option to turn off completely)
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:50

Dos it work ?
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:51

I'm afraid not!
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:52

urggg... Third led is internet Connexion. Are you on DHCP mode ?
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 14:54

Yeah the DHCP is enabled and I have a start and end IP address. Sorry for being a pain!
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 15:53

I talk about DHCP mode on setup page of your rabbit.

Did you push on associated button on your Livebox ?
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 17:25

Yes the DHCP check box is selected on setup page. I have also tried putting the livebox into association mode during setup. I'm wondering why the rabbit doesn't seem to be abke to connect to nabaztag.com Is there a need to change the livebox to mixed band? I'm not sure how to do this though!
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 17:40

Do you another wifi channel like 10 or 11 ?
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 17:54

Yes the DHCP check box is selected on setup page. I have also tried putting the livebox into association mode during setup. I'm wondering why the rabbit doesn't seem to be abke to connect to nabaztag.com Is there a need to change the livebox to mixed band? I'm not sure how to do this though!
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 17:56

I've just tried putting the livebox into channel 10 and then 11 but still no life in the rabbit! I have noticed that there are 2 other networks in the area which are on channel 11. Could these be confusing the rabbit?
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 19:57

I don't think so. The thierd led is Internet connexion. So I think something don't let your rabbit go to Internet access. Look on your PC if it's out of ad hoc mode. Don't forget to reboot your computer
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeDim 12 Nov 2006 - 20:16

The computer is not in ad-hoc mode. I have read a lot of reports of people having problems with the Orange Livebox connecting to other computers and other wireless gadgets. Thanks for your help. I do hope something will work!
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeLun 13 Nov 2006 - 9:46

Do you have to choose any wep key like 1 or 2 and so on ? on the configuration page ?
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeLun 13 Nov 2006 - 13:32

I'm at work at the moment so can't check it but I'm sure I saw a WEP key in the setup. By default I think it is set to 1. I will try alternative settings when I get home tonight. What will changing this key do?
Thanks again for your continuing help,
Giles
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeMar 14 Nov 2006 - 9:34

Hi again! Still no luck I'm afraid. I even went out and got a different router to try so I don't think it's a problem inherent in the livebox. One question I have is that when first trying to setup the rabbit do you need to have been through connecting the rabbit when you enter the serial number into the website? The reason I ask is that I entered the serial number and named the rabbit and then tried to connect the rabbit.
Thanks again,
Giles
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeMar 14 Nov 2006 - 10:55

Nope I think it's working
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeMar 14 Nov 2006 - 13:17

Am not sure what to try next. I have e-mailed support at Nabaztag and they have suggested the same things that have been mentioned here. I think it's strange that in theory it should be so easy and yet I am trying everything without success!
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Nov 2006 - 9:11

Hi again,
I have finally managed to connect my rabbit! I thought I would share my solution. All the settings on the router and pink connection page were correct however the web address that is given on the Nabaztag website to get to the pink page doesn't seem to work. I followed directions given in a previous post and used the following URL:

http://192.168.0.1/b.htm?a=p.nabaztag.com&b=80

If anyone has similar problems to my endless list above try copying this into your browser whilst connected to the rabbit, fill in your details and your rabbit will spring into life!

Thankyou Marfab for all your help,
Giles
Giles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Nov 2006 - 9:13

P.S. If anyone wants to communicate with my girlfriends Christmas present her rabbits name is Mozza. Thanks again!
Giles
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6807

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Nov 2006 - 10:38

cheers
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Nov 2006 - 15:14

Your welcome and thanks a lot for your solution
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Orange LiveBox connection problems   Orange LiveBox connection problems Icon_minitime

Orange LiveBox connection problems
Page 1 sur 1