Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème offert (large sélection de ...
Voir le deal

Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner

4 participants
AuteurMessage
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 20
Carottes : 6316

Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Empty
MessageSujet: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMar 19 Déc 2006 - 17:02

Well after waiting since 15th November, when I placed my order with Firebox, it finally arrived and I have it hooked up to my wireless network with a nice purple light flashing.

That would be great if it wasn't for the fact that nothing works. There is no sound except if I plug some headphones in and hold down the button between his ears and only then if I jiggle the volume control "just right" to hear my own voice. I'm not receiving any messages although I have managed to subscribe to some services.

This thing sucks, what a complete waste of money. Crying or Very sad
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6785

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMar 19 Déc 2006 - 17:35

Hey,

Please, don't be desapointed. Violet's team is working very hard to fix the bugs due to the migration from the old servers to new ones.

Did you try to send you some text to speech messages? Do your rabbit tell them? Did you have any problems when you connected your rabbit to your wifi network? Did you create more than one account on the Violet's website?

I'm sure we'll be able to find a solution!!

Keep the faith!!

yellownabzwink
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMar 19 Déc 2006 - 17:49

I've tried everything, from sending a quick phrase to sending a message and even sending an email to my Nabaztag's email address (I have no messages according to the website). I have just discovered that if I press the button on top twice that it does make a sound (what ever that means) so hopefully it isn't broken after all.

I had no problem connecting to the wireless network and its connected now. I've only created one account although there doesn't appear to be any way to confirm, or change, the ID that is linked to the account.

I hope so as I've been really looking forward to today.
calsim8
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior
calsim8

Nabaztag : Gob
Nbr de messages : 51
Carottes : 6377

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMar 19 Déc 2006 - 18:09

Hey LongView,
First of all, Welcome to the Nabaztag community. I'm Sim from the Violet company, and I wanted to let you know about the situation we are in at the moment. The reason the services are not all working optimally is because of a recent migration we had to a brand new platform that was designed to not only support Tag/tag, but also to provide more new services and a great new website interface. Unfirtunately, when you opened up your rabbit's box today, you had not been clearly informed of the events surrounding this change. We had kept quite a bit of active communication with the rabbit community about how the migration progressed and it has been a bit of a sticky road with some unexpected twists and turns. I want to reassure you that the difficulties you are experiences are mere bugs and not faulty hardware on your end. We are all, in turn experiencing these little bumps in the road. We just ask that everyone be a little patient as we sort these bugs out. Some of the services are active for you to enjoy now but it's going to take a few days to smooth everything out. If you take a look around this forum you will see that there has been plenty of discussion on the subject and some really cool members that are trying to help get things on track. I know this sucks for now stay with us during this rough patch and you'll see that it's just that, a rough patch. To stay informed, there are several ways in we communicate with the community, I have outlined them in a recent blog that you may find here http://blog.nabaztag.com/2006/12/holy_unpronounc.html.
Cheers
http://blog.nabaztag.com
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMar 19 Déc 2006 - 20:30

Thanks for the response, its always re-assuring when you hear directly from the company as it shows a genuine interest in the issues its customers are facing. I also appreciate your honesty with regards the current state of affairs and I'm certainly not here to simply complain more to provide honest feedback on a fairly expensive product. I was aware of the changes and of the issues being faced during the migration as I've been visiting Nabaztag.com on a regular basis since I placed my order with Firebox.

It does seem odd that even the small number of services that are available are not working with my Tag/tag. I can tell you that as a new user trying to get this working it would be really useful to see a traffic light system (red, amber, green) within the my nabaztag area which would indicate to me the current state of my connection to your servers. At the moment it seems the only indication I have is that its connected to my wireless network.

I'm also dissapointed with the level of information included with the product as the only leaflet is a 1-2-3 go. An explanation of the lighting indicators, which I accept is available on the website, would have been appreciated in addition to explaining what the button on top can do (it appears that holding it down records a message but I've no clue how to play it back). The issue with headphones worries me too as I can hear my voice through them (although I have to mess about with the volume first which indicates to me a hardware fault) but nothing at all if I remove the headphones.

I can certainly be patient and accept technical issues with your platform but I can't deal with a product that is at the moment about as useful as a paper weight as there is nothing to indicate to me that there isn't some malfunction with the device.

Please tell me what I can do, while I wait for technical issues to be resolved, that can re-assure me that the product is 100% functional albeit without access to the on-line services.

A final question, have you thought of how users can migrate to a new Tag/tag should theirs fail yet maintain the same account/service details? You need some way for us to change the ID (MAC Address) that is linked to our account and that would also allow people to verify that things are setup correctly.
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMar 19 Déc 2006 - 22:32

Quick update: I finally managed to send a message to my Tag/tag (Fawsley) and it shows up in my messages on the website and his nose is blinking (violet). Now the problem is that when I press the top button some of the middle lights flash but no sound is heard.

Looks like progress as at least now I know this isn't just an expensive paper weight. yellownabzsmile
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMer 20 Déc 2006 - 11:02

Well things are a little brighter this morning, Fawsley must have got out of bed the wrong side yesterday, as today he is talking (little words) and playing songs from the library. This is a big relief to hear him making sounds! yellownabzsmile

Now if only I could find out what the button on the top actually does. Fawsley does play messages immediately when they are sent but it doesn't replay them when I press the button on top (pressing it twice does archive them though). Should it be doing that?

Thanks for any assistance and apologies for the complaints yesterday, just very dissapointing to have waited a month for my Tag/tag to then not have it working as expected.
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6785

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMer 20 Déc 2006 - 11:05

Hello,

When you press the button once, your nabz will replay the messages you didn't archived. .When you press it twice, it archives them automatically. Sometimes, you may have to wait a little time to ear your messages another time : the nabz has to logg on to the Violet's server to read it.

Don't appologise, we all know how it is having a new toy wich doesn't work as we would like too (and read other people not having any king of problem yellownabzwink )
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMer 20 Déc 2006 - 11:45

Thanks for the info on what the button does. It appears that a few bugs are showing up, which is to be expected at the moment, because pressing the button does not replay any "little words" messages. The only way to replay those seems to be to archive them and then use the website to replay them.

All of the songs I have sent from the library replay when I press the button once so that is working as expected. Looks like there are some more bugs to work out on the "little words" though.

One final question (for now) if I have my clock preference set to 24 hours can I ignore any pages that show the am/pm options and simply enter afternoon/night times as a 24 hour time (eg: 9pm = 21)? If that is the case then another tweak for the website would be to hide the am/pm options for users that have selected 24 hour clock preferences.
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMer 20 Déc 2006 - 12:26

It appears that pressing the button to replay messages doesn't work correctly on anything but it only affects the first message:

Press button once and nothing happens except a couple of lights flash.
Press button twice and the first message is archived and then the next message starts to play.
Press the button once, while a message is playing, moves onto the next message.
If you let the message finish playing pressing the button once doesn't play the first message again (this does sometimes work).

Hope this feedback helps.
BK
@ Violet
@ Violet

Nabaztag : Zim
Carottes : 6379

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMer 20 Déc 2006 - 14:25

Hey LongView... any more luck with your new tagtag??

As far as the button on the top goes, when you press it once and it starts flashing lights, that means that it is in the process of downloading your messages from our servers. Hopefully, it should play the messages after that. It may still be taking longer than usual because of the aforementioned server migration.

As far as using tagtag's microphone (even for just recording), that hasn't been activated on our end yet, so that's why it is not working. The tech team is in fact setting that up right now.

To keep track of the process of active services, etc. go here: http://nabaztag.typepad.com/nabaztablugs/
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeMer 20 Déc 2006 - 22:22

BK a écrit:
Hey LongView... any more luck with your new tagtag??
Yes thanks, I've been having much more luck today and it appears that everything that should be working is indeed working. Looks like you are all making excellent progress at stamping out the bugs in the new platform. I notice that text-to-speach has started working now too, although long messages seem to fail with an error, so that is really good news.

BK a écrit:
As far as the button on the top goes, when you press it once and it starts flashing lights, that means that it is in the process of downloading your messages from our servers. Hopefully, it should play the messages after that. It may still be taking longer than usual because of the aforementioned server migration.
As I posted above any new messages are played straight away. I've been playing with Fawsley all day and the button does fail to re-play the first message and the only way to get it going is to archive the first message and then you can access subsequent messages until you let it stop then you have to archive the first message again to get it playing. The flashing lights is more like one flash and then nothing so I think this is a bug at your end and not a problem with my Tag/tag.

BK a écrit:
As far as using tagtag's microphone (even for just recording), that hasn't been activated on our end yet, so that's why it is not working. The tech team is in fact setting that up right now.
Thanks for the confirmation. I look forward to when it is working. yellownabzsmile
LongView
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitimeVen 22 Déc 2006 - 22:10

I don't want to get too excited but I think the button has started replaying the messages correctly. I'll have to play a little more to be sure but it looks hopefull.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner   Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner Icon_minitime

Dissapointed New Nabaztag/tag Owner
Page 1 sur 1