Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
TV LED 32” Continental Edison CELED32SAHD24B3
Voir le deal
139.99 €

love and hate

+3
Grafftag
Valenster
simoncpage
7 participants
AuteurMessage
simoncpage
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 7
Carottes : 6524

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeMer 10 Mai 2006 - 2:15

Hi all,

Love the nabaztag

Hate the website, server delays and support...

For some reason the "my rabbit page" for my login appears to be blank - I have tried it on a number of machines and all the same - odd the personal pages and the subscriptions pages are fine? Have contacted support twice but not heard a thing - do the French take priority on this?

Why is there a 3min delay on things like the hourly clock or the alarms - server delay?

How do you stream MP3? Is it possible to send things as delayed with the API? If so how?

Has anyone paid for the subscription services - I am really interested in the enhanced email service. I really want it to read out either the subject and or sender as knowing I have new emails is pretty useless...

Simon
-------
www.repeat1.com --= talk to my nazbatag fujiko =--
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.repeat1.com
Valenster
Bronze Nabz
Bronze Nabz
Valenster

Nabaztag : Valenster
Nbr de messages : 253
Carottes : 6656

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeMer 10 Mai 2006 - 2:27

I guess I'm gonna have to disappoint you furthermore… The email feature is not really working great… But it’s working fine. Sometimes.
I actually disabled the function after getting upset at my poor rabbit for singing a silly French song all day long because one message stuck in my inbox. It kept on detecting it over and over again…

Besides of that, the RSS is feed is a great tool. I used it all the time.
And the time is systematically delayed by 3 minutes. But, well, it’s a white rabbit; it’s got to be late (it’s posted somewhere in this forum: Being late is the white’s rabbit syndrome!)

Last thing, no streaming is possible…at all. Crying or Very sad

Enjoy your nab, it’s still lot of fun!
yellownabzhappy
simoncpage
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeMer 10 Mai 2006 - 2:39

Arhh thats a shame I was hoping mp3 would be an option - how is music sent?

Does anyone know about delaying messages?

Also there isn't a way to change the voice of the default messages like ("that email you...") - I would much prefer a womans voice...
Valenster
Bronze Nabz
Bronze Nabz
Valenster

Nabaztag : Valenster
Nbr de messages : 253
Carottes : 6656

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeMer 10 Mai 2006 - 3:05

-Does anyone know about delaying messages?
Are you asking how to delay messages? That is easy: on nabaztag.com in the section "send a message" you will find a check box with "delayed" close to. Check it and send. You will be asked to enter a date.

- Also there isn't a way to change the voice of the default messages like ("that email you...") - I would much prefer a womans voice...
According to Nabazland (or Toucool..?), there is no way to do that...yet. But it may be possible in a near future. Or not.

You may want to take look at this post, it's interesting:
https://nabaztag.forumactif.fr/viewtopic.forum?t=1298&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
simoncpage
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeMer 10 Mai 2006 - 11:58

I mean actually delay with the API. I would like to add delays to my website nabaztag link so that I can send myself delayed reminders - I can't see anything in the API?

Thanks
:afro:
Grafftag
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Grafftag

Nabaztag : Grafftag
Nbr de messages : 15
Carottes : 6532

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Mai 2006 - 21:03

Hi Here is a section from Violet about how to send yourself messages & delayed messages, I think you can only delay things via emailing yourself or as stated in the previous reply to you, this is it below, have a read and see if this helps...

To access messaging via e-mail, you will need:
Either to be a Full Rabbit or Full Friend Rabbit subscriber.
Or to send your e-mail to a Nabaztag with Full Friend Rabbit status.
1. Your message must be sent from the e-mail address you stated when you registered on Nabaztag.com.
For instance, if the address you gave when you registered on Nabaztag.com was zingaro@hotmail.com, you will need to send your message from zingaro@hotmail.com,
If you mail from another address, your message will not reach the recipient.
2. Send your e-mail to
<USERNAME OF RECIPIENT'S RABBIT>@nabaztag.com
i. e. colombine@nabaztag.com
3. You can then decide whether you choose to send an MP3 file, or want the Nabaztag to read out the message for you.
If you choose to send a message to be read out by the Nabaztag:
Input the required text in your e-mail's subject field.
If you choose to send a recording in MP3 format:
Send the MP3 file you want to play on the recipient Nabaztag as an attachment to your e-mail.
In the Subject field, enter a name for your message or the title of the clip you are sending. The recipient will see this title when viewing the list of incoming messages on Nabaztag.com.
The MP3 file you sent will be stored in your Nabaztag.com account, using the same title. You can view it through the "My MP3" tab in the Messages section on Nabaztag.com.

New !
4. From now on you can send a delayed.
And this applies also for MP3s and for the messages in « i can read »
What can i use this for?
For example, you don’t want to miss an appointment, want to be reminded of a meeting you need to attend, want to be reminded of something once you get home and that without having to log on the Nabaztag website ? It is now possible.
How to proceed ?
To send a delayed « I can read » message :
Isert your texte in the object field and the following informations : date= day/month/year ;hour : minute
For example, to send the message « hello, how are you ? » on the first of december 2006 à 6 o’clock and 10 minutes pm
Write in your mail object :
« hello, how are you ? » date=01/12/06;18:10

To send a delayed MP3 file :
In the mail object, give a title to the sound file that you want to send then the following informations : date= day/month/year ;hour : minute

Attache your file and voilà!
Example : mymp3 date=10/05/07;10:15 the mp3 will be played on the Nabaztag the May 10th 2007 at 10 o’clock and 15 minutes.

Key
simoncpage
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Mai 2006 - 22:29

hmm but for this I need to pay out on the monthly subscription which is a bit much I feel - doesn't everyone else particularly as their servers seems to be highly dodge and support are still working on the problem with me not being able to access my rabbit page...? .... if you sign up for a month can you cancel it if it turns out to be useless...
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6776

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Mai 2006 - 23:04

You sign for 2 months. If you decide to sign up, it will end at the end of the two months.
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
Grafftag
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Grafftag

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Mai 2006 - 23:19

It's a bit of a cheek, but the people at Violet have told me that they are working on getting the SMS services and phone services working in the UK, and they are also looking to sort out there server issues. It is worth paying the few pounds then, but I'm still paying it, these guys need all the help they can get right now and money I think is one of them. They have fixed a problem I had with my email alerts, it took a week or so but they still got it working tonight... so thanks to you at Violet, I know you are reading this.

Key
racingclub
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : Larry
Nbr de messages : 14
Carottes : 6528

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 9:28

I'm not sure we need to offer additional financial help though do we?

Last time I looked I bought a product from a company, not a charity.

If they haven't got the right business model then they need to fix it rather than rely on the donations of well meaning nabbers.

lets hope my Nabaztag can tell me the time correctly soon yellownabzsmile
simoncpage
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 12:13

Agreed it doesn't seem to be the best business model and for what you get, £80 is quite a lot and surely more than enough to pay for a nice reliable service?

If it wasn't for their Server CGI and services it turns into an expensive paper weight.

Its a pity as it reflects on their business when they obviously aren't on top of things...lets hope when v2 comes out at Xmas they will have the servers sorted and for the people with v1 all the paid stuff becomes free or at least capped at say 3 or 4 emails per day etc...
Grafftag
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Grafftag

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 15:16

This is cut and pasted from Nabaztag site, this is what they say about the extra costs of subscription!

Why do I need to pay more to make Nabaztag work ?

Services provided on subscription are pay services because they generate certain costs on our end (development, resources, royalties ...) and we need to recoup these.

That's why I said they need the money, I'm not saying they are a Charity or have a bad business plan... still dont pay it if you dont want to. People on ebay will buy you Nabz if your not happy!!! Just a thought!

Key
simoncpage
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 15:29

I'm happy with the Nabz just think the email thing should be free or at least a set daily limit and they should put more effort into sorting out the servers and support.
Grafftag
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Grafftag

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 15:39

Yep, I can't see any reason why they couldn't make the (advanced) email thing free, and I do think it should still be better than it is for the money. A few more options is the way forward, so I could at least get rid of those blinking pink lights... sorry If my last post read a little angry, it wasn't supposed to be a rant.

Key yellownabzwink
racingclub
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 16:47

i've paid my 80 quid like everyone else & hope the rabbit is a a success, but I hope they sort out their core services - such as being able to announce the hour on-time.

(this all adds to the WAF, and I'm not sure a monthly sub is going to go down too well).

I think we can all agree we want to see Violet grow yellownabzsmile
Grafftag
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
Grafftag

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 17:09

yep, we all agree, and they do need to sort things out big time or they will start to get bad press and have no success in England.

I want my bunny to tell the time correctly as well! Still atleast I know when its 3 mins past.

Key :lol!:
simoncpage
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 17:26

mine is out by a range it was only 2 mins last night and this morning 5 mins...slllloooowwmmoo servers in the morning maybe? I have a clock that is radio controlled so spot on comparison...
racingclub
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 12 Mai 2006 - 23:29

Citation :
no success in England.

and all our rabbits in Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland etc
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

Nbr de messages : 309
Carottes : 6581

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 9 Juin 2006 - 1:50

Hello,

It is possible now to send delayed messages from the Messages section, if you want to be reminded of something or wish someone good luck for an exam the following day... and still, it is possible, directly, by email to do so.

Nabaztag is victim of its success, but, pretty soon our servers problems should be resolved, we do not control it all on our end, but we have made, lately some majors changes to be able to get an ongoing quiet connection.

As for the three minutes delays ... the later you bought your Nabaztag and plugged it in compared to the first ones out, the more likely you are to have your Nab three minutes late. I am far from being a technician, but when they all ping at the same time, the last ones forcefully are few minutes back. We do not say it is not going to be resolved, but we can't say when yet.

Progressively all services and services politics will improve ... and the advantages will exceed the costs; and also progressively you will tame your rabbit and use it to its full potential.

Thank you for your insights and your encouragement. Violet sure isn't a charity and will do its best to satisfy all it can.
DerekErb
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior

Nabaztag : DaVinci
Nbr de messages : 57
Carottes : 6494

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 9 Juin 2006 - 13:32

Not everything is free on the Internet as not every company is Microsoft, Google or Yahoo.

I pay for quite a few little things that "could" be part of the original product. It tends to come from smaller companies with smaller products.

I have a TomTom GPS in my car. One of the main reasons, in addition to telling me where to go, is to help me avoid traffic. I have to pay TomTom a monthly subscription for that feature.

I have a SqueezeBox for music throughout my house. One of the basic services is to replace the "local" or "regional" radio with Internet radio which they provide. However I have to pay a monthly fee for Internet Radio on the box I already paid over $250 for.

Associated services generate additional bandwith, development, maintenance and tech support. They therefore often are not included in the product price which is based on more concrete elements such as manufacture, marketing and distribution.

Within a half hour or setting up my Nabaz account I had upgraded it to a "Full Friend" account. I find the subscription price to be ridiculously cheap for my needs.

My first bunny arrived in my home/office 2 days ago. It's amazing how it can reproduce all by itself, without a mate (yet), as there should be another 2 in the house this weekend!
http://www.erb.com
Marvel
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

Nbr de messages : 309
Carottes : 6581

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitimeVen 9 Juin 2006 - 16:45

That's great ! Do not forget to send us their pictures (if you want of course) !
Contenu sponsorisé

love and hate Empty
MessageSujet: Re: love and hate   love and hate Icon_minitime

love and hate
Page 1 sur 1