Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Problems registering my birthday nabaztag

3 participants
AuteurMessage
gcluley
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : CLULEY
Nbr de messages : 3
Carottes : 6586

Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Empty
MessageSujet: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeDim 30 Avr 2006 - 17:44

Hi!

My friends bought me a nabaztag for my birthday, but I'm having trouble registering it. I go to 192.168.01, enter my SSID, encryption key and all that stuff correctly (as far as I can see)

I tell it to restart and the three orange lights on the base of the nabaztag go GREEN GREEN ORANGE. (I believe the last light is supposed to turn from Orange to Green to denote success)

Judging by the documentation online, the lights mean that my rabbit has found my access point, has been assigned an IP address by the DHCP server.... but can't "successfully 'resolve' the server address".

Anyone know what I should do in words of few syllables? yellownabzsmile

Thanks very much for any help you can offer!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Valenster
Bronze Nabz
Bronze Nabz
Valenster

Nabaztag : Valenster
Nbr de messages : 253
Carottes : 6709

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeMar 2 Mai 2006 - 1:35

Just a silly question to start with: did you register the rabbit online first?
If the nab is not registered with Violet already, go to www.nabaztag.com and create a profil.

If you already went through that first step, then we are looking at deeper troubles... Something is preventing the nab from connecting the net. That is likely to be a setting problem with the router. Check that your firewall is not blocking the nab.

Hope you'll find the solution to your problem. Nabaztag are fun fellows!
gcluley
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeMar 2 Mai 2006 - 8:50

Valenster a écrit:
Just a silly question to start with: did you register the rabbit online first?
If the nab is not registered with Violet already, go to www.nabaztag.com and create a profil.

Thanks for replying Valenster. Yes, I had done that.

Citation :

If you already went through that first step, then we are looking at deeper troubles... Something is preventing the nab from connecting the net. That is likely to be a setting problem with the router. Check that your firewall is not blocking the nab.

Hope you'll find the solution to your problem. Nabaztag are fun fellows!

As far as I can see there's no setting in the router (a Netgear) that would be stopping it. Herumph!

Cheers!
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6829

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeMar 2 Mai 2006 - 9:59

Hello George (I love George Harrison heart )

Did you try to connect your nabaztag without any kind of security on your web access?

Maybe it's a numb question but sometimes, it's good to see if the rabbit can connect alone.

I hope you'll find the problem.

Cheers,

Aeros'Miss flower
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
Valenster
Bronze Nabz
Bronze Nabz
Valenster

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeMar 2 Mai 2006 - 15:27

...I was truly hopping for something simple...
Because there are a couple of posts in the french section on similar problems, and I am not sure I understand the solution...

Aero's got a good idea: turn down all securities on your network, just for a quick test, and see what's going on. (firewall, wep key*, etc...)

It would be good to have Landry's comment on that matter...

*there is a post that starts with the exact same problem somewhere in this forum and end with: use 128bit key only, not 64bit. I don't understand how this is related, but....
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6829

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeMar 2 Mai 2006 - 15:55

Valenster a écrit:
*there is a post that starts with the exact same problem somewhere in this forum and end with: use 128bit key only, not 64bit. I don't understand how this is related, but....

It's jut because the longer it is, the best it is......

Nabz are some very lecherous little things Je sors!
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
gcluley
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeMar 2 Mai 2006 - 20:33

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

I don't think it was a router/firewall problem in the end

Those lovely people at Nabaztag emailed me with a url which (I imagine) reset some of the settings on my Nabaztag rabbit. I don't know quite what it did, but it appears to have made the rabbit come to life!

So if anyone has a similar problem I recommend they contact the guys at support@nabaztag.com

Thanks again!

Now to play with this curious creature.....
Valenster
Bronze Nabz
Bronze Nabz
Valenster

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitimeMar 2 Mai 2006 - 20:51

Welcome to your rabbit!

Glad everything went well at the end. The support is quite responsive and they are helpful most of the time. Good they solved your problem.

I would suggest to update your profil with your rabbit's name, so people in the forum can send message to your new buddy,

Enjoy the furless rabbit!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Problems registering my birthday nabaztag   Problems registering my birthday nabaztag Icon_minitime

Problems registering my birthday nabaztag
Page 1 sur 1