Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Use service more than once

3 participants
AuteurMessage
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : Sjaak van Buren
Nbr de messages : 20
Carottes : 5580

Use service more than once Empty
MessageSujet: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 0:45

Hi there,

I just got the rabbit working (had to add an old router, because it did not talk with my linksys wrt54g), and then I had quite a struggle with the site(s). Still not able to add an rss feed without errors.

Anyway. Up till now, I am not very happy with the way the violet.net and nabaztag.com sites are working. It all seems very broken and stuff. The support people do not give very much support, do they? It takes days for them to come back to you, and then they don't have any answer or to the point question. They just ask for things like screenshots.

Anyway. I thought I tried my present out by adding some memo's. One at 8 am for my daughter to get ready for school, and then one at another time each day to remind me to pick her up again.

But: it looks like I can only set one memo each day? This also seems to be true for RSS feeds. Only one rss feed?

Has anyone figured out how to add more than one memo on a day, or more than one RSS feed?

Regards, Jelmer
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Mivo
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Mivo

Nabaztag : MivoZtamp (je n'ai plus de lapin mais il me reste mes Ztamp:s)
Nbr de messages : 3764
Carottes : 5932

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 10:38

Hi Jelmer,

I managed to put the application "memo" twice for my rabbit. at least this enables me to play two different mp3 files from my library the same day at different times.

I guess that this should also work out for the RSS flux application.

Good luck and have fun with your rabbit
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 10:42

Bonjour Mivo,

Mivo a écrit:

I managed to put the application "memo" twice for my rabbit. at least this enables me to play two different mp3 files from my library the same day at different times.

How did you do this? When I click on the little plus next to the memo, it just opens the configuration I allready had. I cannot add a new one for new appointments...
Mivo
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Mivo

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 10:45

Hi Jelmer,

when I click on the little plus I get exactly the same i.e. configuration of the application. When you are on the application page of your rabbit, click the "add application" button on the right, navigate to the memo application and add it again.

I hope that works out for you as well. nabzjump
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 10:56

Hi Mivo,

Thanks for the info.

Is this in my.nabaztag.com or my.violet.net. I started out in my.violet.net, when I registrered the rabbit I was taken there. But I switchted to my.nabaztag.com using the information in the forum to make that work.

When I try to set a memo in violet.net, it sais "parameter invalid". In fact, it sais that all the time, also when I try to add a rss feed. Also, in violet.net it is not possible to save a tts message as an mp3, which is a very nice feature for creating spoken memo's.

Did you use nabaztag or violet?

Thanks

Jelmer
Mivo
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Mivo

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 13:03

Hi Jelmer,

I used my.violet.net. It also gives me the parameter invalid error but only if I don't specify a time for a specific day or forget to add the mp3 to play.

What do you mean with tts message?

Cheers

Mivo
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 13:11

Hi Mivo,

Yes, but I need a memo for only wednesdays and fridays, not everyday! How can that be done? The explanation talks about watering the garden. Maybe they are in the south of france where this must be done every single day?

tts: text to speech. in my.nabaztag.com I can send the rabbit a message and at the same time, save the text-to-speech as an mp3 in my account, so I can use it in the memo... This is not possible in my.violet.net. (I really wonder why they take real customers to a beta version. This should be optional).

Now I am switching back and fro from violet and nabaztag to get things working. This way, I now have to working RSS-feeds, allthought I cannot see the details of them in nabaztag. I created them in nabaztag, but can only see them correctly in violet... nabzhello1 (<-- mad rabbit).

Thanks again Mivo!
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 13:20

Here's an update,

I just added a second memo, in my.violet.net. I put 00:00 for every day I did not need the memo. I added a real time for wednesday, where I put an audio from my library ('audio 1'). Then I added a real time for friday as well, where I put an other audio ('audio 2').

Now, when I look in my.violet.net, I see 2 memo applications. The first one is the old one, that is still correct. The second one is the new one. When I click on settings for the second one. I only see a time stated for 'monday'. The time is "0". The audio file given for that even is 'audio 2'. The other times are gone, so is the use of 'audio 1'.

Now, let's go back to my.nabaztag.com. There we see only 1 memo application. On monday, the original setting is gone, instead there is a new time "0", with the 'audio 2' file from the second memo. The other days are as the were before I added the new memo.

I am back to my feelings of late last night: how can people sell these things of the just cannot make it work!?!? When you see them in the shop you think 'that is a great idea". Then you get one, and everything that is needed to make it work is just plain broke.

My girlfriend, who gave it to me, is very disappointed. And she is ashamed to have given me a present that made me stay up very late last night, trying to get it to work.

Who pays that ammount of money for a rabbit that can do less than a 5 euro alarm clock?

Sorry Mivo, I just let myself talk on a bit on my frustrations. I really like to get this working. The problem is that the violet people have arranged this in a way everyone is dependant on their stuff...

I you have any ideas on how to help me (and other people, I am sure), please give them. Violet support doesn't answer, that's for sure...

Jelmer
Mivo
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Mivo

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 13:40

Hi Jelmer,

no need to apologize, I don't work for violet or get any money or anything from them yellownabzwink

You should report this bug to violet so that they take care to fix it. This is something that formerly used to be working when there was only nabaztag.com at least but that doesn't help you.

Tell your girlfriend that there is no need to be ashamed. Nabaztag is pretty cool and fun. Unfortunately, with the change to the new platform we encounter lots of bugs and even things that used to work before don't. I am confident that this will change soon. I have known a similar situation last year when violet changed their servers. Maybe now it is worse because there arae more rabbits around and there are alos mir:rors and ztamps and everything. Try to be patient and report bugs yellownabzsmile

Cheer

Mivo
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 14:26

Hi Mivo,

So you would say it would be worthwhile to hold on to the rabbit, even though it looks quite useless right now? (une vie sans lapins, c'est comme un long voyage sans carotte?).

Problem with violet is that they do not seem to respond to bugs. But I will keep posting them.

I am also a programmer and allready started to experiment with the API. Also bugs there, as I read in the forums also some things that used to work.

My real fear (hmm) is: what happens when violet decides they should do something else. All these rabits being disconnected...

I read something about the opennap project, where you could connect the rabbit to a proxy so you could tweak more. This could be the way. But I think the best way to go for violet is to make the communication protocol between rabbit and their server more open, so people could hook into it and respond to events etc.

Well, whatever, it sure was a gift I was hoping to get for a while. Now it doesn't even play my mp3's (only after upload and only 45 secs?), it starts playing internet radio when I scream "radio nigel!", but it stops, or doesn't stop and then crashes (how does one stop the playing of internet radio again?).

In short: I like the rabbit and the idea, but the company en fait le moins possible, as they say in your language.

Thanks again

Jelmer
Mivo
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Mivo

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 14:41

Hi Jelmer,

I fell that it is worth sticking to the little rabbit. I have been at the same point thinking that it was a worthless gadget with buggy services - which it was and which it unfortunately became again. I am confident that the violet staff will take care of the problems but I fear that they are head under water maybe because of their success. (lots of rabbits and things so many testers and many bugs reported...)

By the way, you stop the web radio by pushing the rabbit's head yellownabzwink For playing mp3 files there are some other service providers as nabzap (http://www.nabzap.com/) or howto's that explain how you can stream your own mp3's to your rabbit without 45 second restriction (which by the way is because of copyright issues).

If you like, you can add me to your rabbit friends yellownabzsmile

good luck with your bug reports. This will help all of us yellownabzsmile I hope you get them resolved soon
Ludwix
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Ludwix

Nabaztag : FatBaztag (V2)
Nbr de messages : 2933
Carottes : 6113

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 22:16

Goedendag jelmer,

You faced lots of troubles with your rabbit and so did we. French users finally succeed in having fun with their nabz despite of the bugs and we will help you to do so. By "we" I mean the forum (as we are not part of Violet company) . The fact is we do not have the same "support process" than the one that exists for french users. But this is about to change. We are currently working on an extension of the forum to a more "worldwide" assistance and (why not) community with more documentation, help, user made and validated scripts (that enhanced the rabbit possibilities), and fun. So this is not really the case for the moment, but thing are moving.

To conclude: yes, your girlfriend gave you a wonderful present (ok it does not work perfectly, but this is the same for everyone here). With the rabbit I met (for real) lots of people in France and even Canada or Romania. So I do not think she has to worry for the present she made.

Hold on for the docs, they will come soon. For the moment if you want to help a frenchy to learn Dutch, you can send a message to FatBaztag (my rabbit) Wink
jelmer
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 22:42

Bonsoir Ludwix,

[this whole thing is sort of off topic..]

Merci pour ta reponse aimable!

I do speak a bit french, allthough my reading is much better than my active use. My favourite author of the last few year is amelie nothomb (who is belge by the way). I even read Coderlos de Laclos, which makes one speak a strange kind of French... nabzlol
I love your country. I visit the Fnac more often than most dutch shops. Heck: last year I was 4 times in Lille, and 2 times in Amsterdam...

I am sorry if my criticism seemed to have been directed towards this forum, the french people etc. It is the company it was aimed at. They make such a wonderfull mess about such a wonderfull product. We all should take over.

Well, I hope they will find their way back to the right track. I think the problem with their buisiness model is that they create heavy costs (in server power, data traffic etc) that they can only pay through continuous heavy growth. This is good for a settled company, but bad for innovation and creativity. Again, I hope they find their way.

I will send your rabbit a message in Dutch. Mine is blocked for now, because it is in our living room, not in my office where I can sit and listen to it all day ;-) I will try to add you to my whitelist (friends list).

This has to be said as well: the people on this forum are very kind and friendly. The rabbit might not be perfect, but it really is a Lapin de fraternité. Very french indeed ;-) nabzjump

And because of all that, (and also because it doesn't need a second router now that I bought a nice new linksys 300N thingy) I decided, despite the mess and all, to keep my nice present.

à bientôt!

Jelmer
Mivo
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Mivo

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 23:39

hi Jelmer,

Happy to hear that you will keep your present. I asm sure you will have lots of fun yellownabzhappy

Cheer

Mivo
Ludwix
Diamond Nabz
Diamond Nabz
Ludwix

Nabaztag : FatBaztag (V2)
Nbr de messages : 2933
Carottes : 6113

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitimeJeu 22 Jan 2009 - 23:55

Hi Jelmer

graag gedan (voor mijn antwoord) en dank u voor uw antwoord. Wink

There was no misunderstandings on my side: I understood that you were disappointed of Violet's stuff and not against the forum. Anyway if you have some particular needs and/or ideas for the "internationnal" part of the forum, let us know !

My rabbit is sleeping (and I am going to follow it) but I wait for your message! nabzjump
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Use service more than once   Use service more than once Icon_minitime

Use service more than once
Page 1 sur 1