Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% sur les sacs à dos pour ordinateur ...
Voir le deal
19.99 €

This serial number already exists

3 participants
AuteurMessage
buddi
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 3
Carottes : 6498

This serial number already exists Empty
MessageSujet: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeMer 5 Juil 2006 - 14:35

Hi everyone.

Hope someone can help me out. I just received my bunny yesterday and after successfully connecting it (got 4 green flashing lights and then it went white with a flashing purple light underneath) I went along to register it on-line.

To my horror I got the following message:

"This serial number already exists"

It then goes on talking about maybe someone else has registered already using my serial number.

Can someone help me out here. I'm still waiting for help from Violet but thats been over a day ago now.

I was told to use the Advanced Configuration Guide but it's all in French which I don't speak!!

I've managed to get my bunny into configuration mode (blue) but what to do next I've no idea.

Anyone who can help, please connect me.

Kind regards,

Sean.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

Nabaztag : Zvi (V1) et Zeev (V2)
Nbr de messages : 10056
Carottes : 6807

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeMer 5 Juil 2006 - 14:46

Hi,

Try to register you serial number with adding 8080 at the end of the mac number.

After this, you'll have to go to this page : http://192.168.0.1/b.htm?r=1&k=&l=0&n=&f=on&g=&h=&i=&j=&d=&e=&a=p.nabaztag.com&b=8080&y=Update to upgrade your rabbit with the ad-hoc mode on (blue lights, enter the SSID parameters, WEP key and so on...)

Tell us if it works ok?
http://aerosmiss.free.fr
DerekErb
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior

Nabaztag : DaVinci
Nbr de messages : 57
Carottes : 6525

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeMer 5 Juil 2006 - 15:02

Bummer!

First try aerosmiss' suggestion to get you started...

The next part is where it gets tricky. Once you've got your bunny in configuration mode you need to be able to connect to him directly.

You're going to need to set your WiFi connection in your computer to "ad-hoc mode" instead of the normal access point mode. Once you've done that you run a WiFi scan on your computer as you usually would do to find available wirless networks. It should find the bunny and allow you to connect.

Once you've connected to the bunny you then open your favourite browser and go to the web page at http://192.168.0.1 or better yet use the full address that aerosmiss has provided which will allow you to both talk to your bunny directly and get its serial number connected properly:

http://192.168.0.1/b.htm?r=1&k=&l=0&n=&f=on&g=&h=&i=&j=&d=&e=&a=p.nabaztag.com&b=8080&y=Update

You're probably going to want to print that out. If your Internet connection is WiFi, rather than wired Ethernet or such, you're not going to be able to be connected to the Internet and your bunny at the same time.

Give it a got and let us know if you have any problems or questions.
http://www.erb.com
buddi
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeJeu 6 Juil 2006 - 7:52

Thanks guys! That was a big help. I managed to re-configuration Buddi last night and he came alive after getting registered.

Just one thing. I'm rather new to WiFi, but I was experiencing a rather low signal last night.

He struggled to find the connection from time to time.

Once I got him working correctly in my den I powered him down to then switch him on in the kitchen / lounge. I couldn't get him to find a connection from there. I tried about 4 or 5 times without any success.

Then I returned to the den and struggled there for a while, but finally get a connection.

Returning to the kitchen I tried again and still no luck.

I tried various different areas of the house and basically couldn't get him to connect anywhere other than in my den (where my computers reside).

What could be the problem? My house isn't that big, we're only talking about 10-15 metres away from the router?
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeJeu 6 Juil 2006 - 8:31

Sometimes, it's enough. If you got a wall with steel inside, it can stop the signal. I got the same problem in my bedroom with my laptop.

Anyway, congratulations and enjoy your nabz cheers
DerekErb
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeJeu 6 Juil 2006 - 11:32

Great news that you were able to reconfigure your bunny. It ain't that easy and it's great when it finally works out.

What sort of WiFi system do you have? Do you have a router with built-in WiFi (which one)? Do you have a WiFi Access Point (which one)?

Never believe the marketing guys. You can get 50 metres of excellent WiFi access... if you're in the middle of an empty football pitch with the access point at one end and no metal goals posts anywhere in sight. Please excuse the football references but we've all got football on the brain here in France at the moment.

Metal will always stop WiFi signals. Even thick walls will do it. I have four access points (2 routers and 2 WAPs) in my house to cover three floors and even then I don't always get a signal from every part of the house!
buddi
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeVen 7 Juil 2006 - 7:47

Thanks for the feedback and advise. All in all its been a great week for Buddi. The WiFi signal strength now seems to be strong enough for him to be placed in other areas of the house!!

He loves to be with the family. :-)

By the way I was thinking that he would be so great if future bunnies could be truely portable. Like a cardless phone. He could have a charging cradle where his battery would be charged. During the day you could then simply pick him up and take him with you around the house with having to unplug him.

That would be truely an 24/7 online experience.

Has anyone else had similar thoughts?
aerosmiss
Yellow Subadmin
aerosmiss

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeVen 7 Juil 2006 - 9:03

Hello yellownabzsmile

A lot of people asked the same thing but, Violet answered that it was to hard to put a battery with an enough size in the rabbit.
The rabbit has to deal with sounds and ears moves so it takes too much energy for a battery.
DerekErb
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitimeVen 7 Juil 2006 - 10:15

I hadn't even through of the battery concept. I agree that it's a brilliant idea.

Rechargeable batteries would make the rabbit the 100% wireless wonder.

I disagree that the motors and sounds require batteries bigger than the size of the transformer and power supply currently in the bottom end of the rabbit. It could be done. But it would probably raise the price even more.

I think it's a great idea and definitely worth investigating.

In addition to making the rabbit portable it also allows us to place it in areas where we do not necessarily have easy access to electricity.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: This serial number already exists   This serial number already exists Icon_minitime

This serial number already exists
Page 1 sur 1