Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème offert (large sélection de ...
Voir le deal

Frustrated airport user

+3
marfab
jaina_organasolo
milliemooch
7 participants
AuteurMessage
milliemooch
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 5
Carottes : 6299

Frustrated airport user Empty
MessageSujet: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeVen 29 Déc 2006 - 23:11

Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I got a tag/tag for my wife who is pregnant, as I thought it might be something quite nice for her to help while away the next few months.

I have an apple airport extreme station (set to both g and b standards) that connects to an NTL cable box via an ethernet cable. The airport distributes DHCP addresses, and I've never had any problems getting online through either my wife's ibook or my macbook pro.

I tried setting it up before Xmas, and got the two green light problem. I've come back after a few days away to try and set it up, and have the same two green light problem again. I've tinkered around with the set up settings and whatever combo I use - DHCP / static IP, WEP encryption (and I know about the password) / completely open network, I still get two green lights only.

Anyone have any ideas about what else I could try

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
jaina_organasolo
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nabaztag : FrankTheBunny
Nbr de messages : 32
Carottes : 6317

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeSam 30 Déc 2006 - 12:24

Two green is an internet connection problem. I get two green and the rest orange when my Dad turns off the internet - Grrrrrr
marfab
Cuniculussologue
Cuniculussologue
marfab

Nabaztag : Petitbrou, Landry (V1), Scrubs (V2)
Nbr de messages : 8128
Carottes : 6921

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeSam 30 Déc 2006 - 18:51

If your dad turns off Internet access it is normal yellownabzwink You must turn it on yellownabzsmile
http://www.internetmobile20.com
milliemooch
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeDim 31 Déc 2006 - 11:12

Hi, yes I read that two green lights means that it is reaching the router, but not the Internet. But both our laptops have Internet access and connect via the airport without any problems and on DHCP.

Anyone have any other ideas about what I could do to get around the problem?
BK
@ Violet
@ Violet

Nabaztag : Zim
Nbr de messages : 20
Carottes : 6379

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeMar 2 Jan 2007 - 15:10

I know there was a problem between Airport networks and Nabaztag. Perhaps it is the same with tag/tag. On the help page, it says:

If you are using an AirPort (Express or Extreme) access point on an encrypted network, the password is specific to Apple computers. You need to obtain an "equivalent network password." Please go to the following URL for further information : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106864
milliemooch
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeVen 5 Jan 2007 - 19:54

thanks Violet, I'm aware of the network equivalent password. In fact, to try and get the nabaztag/tag to work, I set up a new airport express connected to the main airport with no encryption or password whatsoever...

...the problem is exactly the same, two green lights (showing me it's got onto the network), but the third is orange (ie it's not getting onto the Internet). My airport express is distributing addresses via DHCP and our two apple laptops in the house connect just fine

This has been a really, really frustrating experience. If I still can't get on by Monday I am sending it back to firebox
nabazland
Karotzeur taquin
nabazland

Nabaztag : Caulfield (v2.1)
Nbr de messages : 9783
Carottes : 13105

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeVen 5 Jan 2007 - 23:06

Did you try this 193.149.120.33/vl
for the rabbit connection ?
(instead of r.nabaztag.com/vl ?)

http://www.nabzone.com
Nemsisnet
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior
Nemsisnet

Nabaztag : Machiiine (V2)
Nbr de messages : 64
Carottes : 6301

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeVen 5 Jan 2007 - 23:54

You have to disable DHCP on the configuration page of your tag/tag i think. That's the way my rabbit works and i'm in the same situation than you
http://web.mac.com/nemesis.net
calsim8
Nabz Junior
Nabz Junior
calsim8

Nabaztag : Gob
Nbr de messages : 51
Carottes : 6377

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitimeLun 8 Jan 2007 - 16:38

milliemooch,
go to the 3rd to last section of this page:
http://help.nabaztag.com/fiche.php?langue=3&fiche=45
http://blog.nabaztag.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Frustrated airport user   Frustrated airport user Icon_minitime

Frustrated airport user
Page 1 sur 1