Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
BODUM Bistro Set : Théière filtre 1 L + 2 gobelets double paroi en ...
19.99 € 39.90 €
Voir le deal

Connecting with a Netgear DG834

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Mrs Nibbles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 7
Carottes : 6406

Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Empty
MessageSujet: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitimeVen 12 Jan 2007 - 18:18

Seem to be having trouble connecting to my Wireless router.

I get 2 greenlights, the rest are orange :-(

I cant see the rabbit on the connected devices list, I think this might be part of the problem.

My settings are as follows...

I have for following set on my router / modem

Network Type PPPoA
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255
Gateway IP Address 62.241.161.218
Domain Name Server 62.241.162.200

Modem Status Connected
DownStream Connection Speed 2271 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 287 kbps
VPI 0
VCI 38

Name (SSID) 6
Region Europe
Channel 11
Wireless AP Enabled
Broadcast Name Disabled

WEP is enabled with a 10 digit key
Authentication type is automatic and 64bit

In my trusted wireless stations I can see
Nabaztag 00:19:DB:XX:XX:C5

I have turned off Access Control

In the WAN settings I have

Connect Automatically as required set to on
Disabled Port Scan and DOS Protection
Default DMZ Server is blank
Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port is off
MTU Size (in bytes)

In the LAN IP settings

I have

IP Address xxx.xxx.0.1
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
RIP Direction Both
RIP Version RIP-1

Use Router as DHCP Server is ticked / on
Starting IP Address 192.XXX.0.2
Ending IP Address 192.XXX.0.254

In my Nabaztag I have the following settings

SSID
set to correct network name ( 6 )

WEP encryption is set to on with correct 10 digit key below

Authentication ( WEP ) is set to OpenSystem

DHCP is enabled

Local IP is 0.0.0.0
Local mask is 0.0.0.0
Local Gateway is 0.0.0.0
DNS server is 0.0.0.0

HTTP Proxy is off/ No
Proxy IP Address is 0.0.0.0
Proky Port is 0

Serial Number is 00:19:db:XX:XX:c5

Violet Platform is r.nabaztag.com/vl
Login and password are 00.00.00.00.00
Firmwhere is 0.0.0.10

Any ideas ?

Cheers

c
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
themaltesebippy
Lapin nain
Lapin nain
themaltesebippy

Nabaztag : Bippy (v2)
Nbr de messages : 31
Carottes : 6540

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitimeVen 12 Jan 2007 - 20:13

Did you do the thing where you press the button on the head and plug in until the lights turn blue?
http://leftbanke.nu
Mrs Nibbles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitimeVen 12 Jan 2007 - 20:16

themaltesebippy a écrit:
Did you do the thing where you press the button on the head and plug in until the lights turn blue?

Yes, I get the blue lights, press update on the laptop and the bunny starts to connect, I get two green lights and I can see the MAC address on the router, I have seen the address in the LAN settings as well, but it doesnt stay there.

I am not sure if its connecting or not.

I have tried turning the encryption off, and changing the type, but this seems to make no difference :-(

Any ideas ?

c
oaz
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz

Nabaztag : oaz (v2)
Nbr de messages : 352
Carottes : 6469

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitimeVen 12 Jan 2007 - 23:56

Hello,

I have a Netgear DG834G and my Nabaztag connection is working fine.
I have more or less the same configuration as yours.
Just noticed these differences on the Netgear (Nabaztag config is identical except SSID of course) but they should not be a problem:

Wireless config
Channel 3
Broadcast Name Enabled

Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port is on

DHCP
Ending IP Address 192.XXX.0.20

I don't really understand what could be wrong on your side except the firewall or proxy settings that could prevent the rabbit to connect to internet.
So I would recommend :
- check your Netgear firewall settings (just in case it is configured so that only some local IP is allowed to go out)
- check the proxy needs of your ISP : if your PC is configured with proxy settings to connect to internet, you must use same proxy config for the nabaztag

If it does not solve the issue, you should probably set up a test to find out whether the problem is a wifi/router connection issue or an internet connection issue. For that you can just set up a proxy software on a PC connected to your router and configure the nabaztag so that it connects through this proxy : if you see the nabaztag going through this proxy (with proxy logs or something) then it is an internet connection issue. If it does not connect to the proxy then the issue is on your lan.
http://barrejadis.azeau.com/
Mrs Nibbles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitimeSam 13 Jan 2007 - 10:49

oaz a écrit:
I have a Netgear DG834G and my Nabaztag connection is working fine.

That gives me a little hope yellownabzsmile

oaz a écrit:
I have more or less the same configuration as yours.

Ummm, not so good then....

oaz a écrit:

Just noticed these differences on the Netgear (Nabaztag config is identical except SSID of course) but they should not be a problem:

Wireless config
Channel 3
Broadcast Name Enabled

Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port is on

DHCP
Ending IP Address 192.XXX.0.20

I don't really understand what could be wrong on your side except the firewall or proxy settings that could prevent the rabbit to connect to internet.
So I would recommend :
- check your Netgear firewall settings (just in case it is configured so that only some local IP is allowed to go out)
- check the proxy needs of your ISP : if your PC is configured with proxy settings to connect to internet, you must use same proxy config for the nabaztag

If it does not solve the issue, you should probably set up a test to find out whether the problem is a wifi/router connection issue or an internet connection issue. For that you can just set up a proxy software on a PC connected to your router and configure the nabaztag so that it connects through this proxy : if you see the nabaztag going through this proxy (with proxy logs or something) then it is an internet connection issue. If it does not connect to the proxy then the issue is on your lan.

I changed my config to match yours but nothing new happened scratch

My firewall settings are the defaults, how do they compare to yours ?

Outbound Services

Enable Yes
Service Name Any
Action ALLOW always
LAN Users Any
WAN Servers Any
Log Never

Inbound Services

Enable Yes
Service Name Any
Action Block always
LAN Server IP address Any
WAN Servers Any
Log Never

Other than that I dont really know how to change any thing, I had a search through and I can see anymention of proxy settings or if these are on / off.

I did a trace thing to the address the bunny is trying to find and I get pretty much all the way there, certainly out of my ISP and into France, so I guess the router can see the destination.

So is this a local network issue ? Is the bunny actually seeing the network ? I have seen its MAC on the Attached devices page, but only briefly, maybe its not actually hooking in correctly ? Any ideas ?

Many thanks for your reply yellownabzsmile

Cheers

c
Mrs Nibbles
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitimeSam 13 Jan 2007 - 13:33

Finally it works, despiration and a day of fiddling seem to have got somewhere.

Many thanks to everyone who looked at the issue for me.

THe answer was to follow the Apple airport advice and change the server name to the IP address ( - Replace the Violet platform address near the bottom of the page from r.nabaztag.com/vl to 193.149.120.33/vl )

Not sure why this would work as really they are the same flillin thing. but I am on, purple breathing light and I have sent a few things / set up services and it seems to be working okay !!!!!!

:-D
golimar
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 1
Carottes : 6054

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Déc 2007 - 14:10

> THe answer was to replace the Violet platform address near the bottom of the page from r.nabaztag.com/vl to 193.149.120.33/vl

Hi,

I also have a netgear router and experienced the same problem (two green lights, one orange). Changing the voilet platform dns name to the IP address also worked for me.

I think the problem is that the netgear router was not providing dns resolution service - translating the DNS name (r.nabaztag.com) to the IP address (93.149.120.33) - preventing my rabbit from talking to the nabaztag servers.

Putting in the IP address as the address for violet platform (193.149.120.33/vl) everything works fine.

Happy Bunny!

~~^^~~
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting with a Netgear DG834   Connecting with a Netgear DG834 Icon_minitime

Connecting with a Netgear DG834
Page 1 sur 1