Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum des Objets Communicants et Solutions pour les Libérer...

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €

Connecting to a password protected network

3 participants
AuteurMessage
student
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

Nbr de messages : 17
Carottes : 5693

Connecting to a password protected network Empty
MessageSujet: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Sep 2008 - 16:40

I need to connect the rabbit to my school network. However the school's wireless network is password protected and does not use encryption. Can I do any configuration so that I can connect to Nabaztag's server through the school network? Thanks.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Henrillette
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz
Henrillette

Nabaztag : Henrillette, Bart, Captyves, Andouillette (v2)
Nbr de messages : 410
Carottes : 6040

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Sep 2008 - 18:36

Hello
I guess you need at least to know the school password. Is it the case ?
DrBailey
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz
DrBailey

Nabaztag : DrBailey (V2), DrGrey (V1)
Nbr de messages : 482
Carottes : 6421

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Sep 2008 - 19:23

Hello,

Rabbits are able to connect on network encrypted with a WEP or WPA key.
If your network needs another ident (like a login and a password to access the internet), your rabbit won't be able to connect.

However, a special access can be sometimes open on this type on network. This special access cancels the login and password requirement.

I invite you to contact the network admin to set this access for your rabbit (your rabbit's MAC Address may be needed to open this access).

Feel free to inform us.
Best regards,
http://www.sol1ps1ste.com
student
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeVen 26 Sep 2008 - 8:47

I have been informed that permission has not been granted to allow the rabbit to connect to the internet via the school network without a password. Can I set up the computer as a wireless router so that the rabbit will communicate with the computer instead and the computer will then route the data to Nabaztag's server using the password?
DrBailey
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz
DrBailey

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeVen 26 Sep 2008 - 9:04

Hello,

This is possible, but this can be very hard to set if you don't feel very well with computers.
In addition, I'm not sure it will work, as the login system identifies connected devices with their MAC addresses, and could ask a login for the rabbit, even if it connects through the computer.

In order to connect your rabbit to the internet via your computer, you have to set your computer as a proxy server, and assign a fixed IP to it, that you will give to your rabbit's configuration page.

You can find how to turn a computer (PC or MAC) to a proxy server on the Internet (lots of tutorials).

Once done, in your rabbit's configuration page, turn the 'Proxy server' to 'ON', and enter your computer's IP address, and the port you use for the proxy. Click on 'Update and Start'

If you don't feel very well with my previous explanation, I don't recommend you to do that, this could lead to conection problems on your computer. Moreover, as I explained above, we're not sure about the results.

But you can set it at home, did you try this ?

regards
student
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeVen 26 Sep 2008 - 16:12

Hello.
I do not have a wireless connection to the internet at home, but would like to set one up if it is possible to test the rabbit(before I move on to the proxy server method). I currently only have a wireless adapter but I heard that it is possible to set up an ad hoc wireless connection to connect with other wireless devices. Is it possible to connect the rabbit through such a connection? Thanks.
student
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeMer 1 Oct 2008 - 9:54

Sorry, I tried to connect to the ad hoc network but failed. Now, I cannot connect to the rabbit configuration page anymore. I can detect the rabbit but I cannot connect to it. The system stays at acquiring a network address. Is there anyway that I can restore the original settings?
DrBailey
Silver Nabz
Silver Nabz
DrBailey

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeJeu 2 Oct 2008 - 12:20

Hello,

Thanks for your message,
Could you please tell me which Operating System you use to setup your rabbit ?
student
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeJeu 2 Oct 2008 - 18:09

Hello
I am using Windows XP. I managed to solve the problem by temporarily changing the IP address of the Nabaztag to resolve the IP conflict. Thanks.
student
Lapin nain
Lapin nain

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitimeMar 7 Oct 2008 - 7:16

Hi,
Is there any special requirement for the wireless router? I intend to buy one since nothing else works. Any recommendations will be welcome.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Connecting to a password protected network   Connecting to a password protected network Icon_minitime

Connecting to a password protected network
Page 1 sur 1